Monday, March 16, 2009

Joy in the Journey

Life definitely is a journey. For a long time I thought I was supposed to know exactly what's going on and what's happening in my life. I felt like I was supposed to have everything figured out and that when I didn't have everything figured out I was somehow not in the right place. I have been learning a lot about trusting God and being obedient to Him in the months that I have been living in Uganda. I have been learning a lot about finding joy in the journey.
Sometimes things don't go the way I want them to or the way I had planned. A few months ago my response to a situation like that would be, “Well, obviously you had it wrong in the first place, Rianne...you are way off track.” But it's not about knowing the exact destination or pathway. It's about trusting in God and experiencing joy through the different circumstances we encounter on our journey with Him. I realize that sounds really nice on paper and that learning to live this way is a journey in itself but that's exactly it...it's a journey not an impossibility.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Rianne - such a good truth for me today!
    Carmen J

    ReplyDelete